Re: [TR] Charcoal canister and anti-run valve

To: StagByTriumph@tscusa.org, foxtrapper@ispwest.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Charcoal canister and anti-run valve
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 16:15:26 EDT
In a message dated 5/24/2007 4:48:11 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
StagByTriumph@tscusa.org writes:

NO no  no!  It is not the same charcoal as what you get for your fish
tank.  One of my members works for Pepsico and is a chemist, did the
research.  The charcoal has to be prepared to accept  hydrocarbons.
He bought a 50 pound bag and may still have some  left.

I was told you can just take the charcoal out and spread it on a newspaper
in the sun for a few hours and the hydrocarbons will disappear....but don't
tell  Al Gore you did this...

R Houston

===     http://www.vtr.org