Re: [TR] Wheel Questions

To: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel Questions
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:34:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/2007 10:02:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com writes:

> 2) Should I give up on these wheels and buy a new set, maybe chrome this
> time? ;-)

Jeff,
Yes, definitely get rid of those old wires.  They will cost way more to true
and get right, even if you could find someone to do it, than a new set.  I was
faced with the same situation with my TR250 many years ago.  I just replaced
the old rumbling wires with a new set of painted wires, 60 spokers as
original. They are surprisingly reasonable in cost. After 20,000+ miles they
are
running fine.  Even the passenger front that banged right thru a cement trench
at a
road construction site but that's another story.
Cheers,
Darrell

 See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.