Re: [TR] Wheel Questions

To: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wheel Questions
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:25:02 EDT
I don't think that this should factor into your decision, but the wheels  you
are referring to are not Panasport knockoffs, They are Minilite knockoffs
and they existed long before Panasport.  The style has been around for  decades
as an aftermarket wheel.  if you are going to go the route of  restoring the
existing wheels I recommend that you talk to Alan Hendricks at  Hendricks Wire
Wheel.  NFI  There is a highly likely probability that  you will have much
more invested in restoring the wheels than makes sense,  however.  There is a
very good chance that you will have to go all the way  back to the hub and
replace the splines, etc.
I put replica Minilites with 185/70 R15 on my 60 and the look is very nice,
but be aware that the steering gets a little heavier with the wider tires.
I guess I don't need to ring in on the cost of replacing the wires.   OUCH!
David Lylis

===     http://www.vtr.org