Re: [TR] electronic ignition,

To: <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] electronic ignition,
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:29:02 -0800
> Actually I have opened the box and found lots of empty space, one
> capacitor, one ???? embedded in the case (maybe a transistor?), and
> one "secret" insert with a warning about berillium (sp?).  I don't
> have much idea what any of it does unless a transistor is switching
> voltage on and off in response to some input.

I don't know either, but that would make some sense.  The GM module gets
rather hot when the engine is not running but the key is on, so Leyland may
have decided to cut it's power when the engine was not turning.  And that
would give them an excuse for building their own box, thereby (I suspect)
avoiding some penalty for non-UK finished parts.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net