Re: [TR] electronic ignition,

To: <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] electronic ignition,
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@aceweb.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 07:37:46 -0500
The bone stock oem GM HEI ignition module is the only thing connected to the
hall sensor.  None of the components in the CEI box are connected to them.
All the components are connected upstream to either the hot lead, the ground
lead, or both.  I honestly don't remember which.  They are simple round
capacitors or possibly diodes, and one chunky rectangular resistor as I
recall.

Each of the vehicle manufacturers using the Lucas CEI ignition would also
install various capacitors inline at  various locations, seemingly at whim.

Like I said, capacitors are normally used to reduce ignition noise in a
radio.  A non-problem with the HEI modules.

Remember, this is a bone stock oem GM HEI module.  It is not a redesigned
aftermarket piece.  While you can certainly install an aftermarket HEI
module in there, with all kinds of interesting features, like rev limiting,
or power reductions, or advance curve control, they didn't come that way
from Lucas.  And it was Lucas, not Leyland that made them.  They were
installed in a number of non-Leyland vehicles.