Re: [TR] flywheel bolts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] flywheel bolts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:29:28 -0800
> I just wondered if it would be
> prudent to use locktite in this situation and if so Red or
> Blue. This is for a rebuild of a TR250 motor.

John, my understanding is that the use of locktabs on the earlier motors was
discontinued later (during the TR4 run IIRC); and some builders (including
Kas Kastner) have suggested that not using locktabs is better (of course
making sure the bolts aren't too long if they were designed to be used with
tabs).

Using Loctite (without the tabs) may not be necessary, but my attitude is
that it certainly can't hurt and I'd really hate for one of those bolts to
come loose.  I used red.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net