Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims

To: MMoore8425@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 tires 6" rims
From: KingsCreekTrees@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:17:28 EDT
No, I'm not racing anymore, Mike and certainly have never been/won't with
this car. I have a '65 Volvo PV544 that I'm modifiying as a vintage race
car,  mostly to preserve the TR3A.

A couple of years ago, I had an emergency incident (someone coming the
other way pulled across the front of me while making a turn across traffic). I
braked hard in the TR and found the brakes to be much better than the grip
the  skinny tyres could offer. The tyres were in great shape, not old by any
means  and a well-known brand. With the wider tyres, I can emergency brake
and still  maintain control. Better emergency-avoidance characteristics,
too. The  steering's a little heavier, the handling overall's a bit better.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Proprietor
Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road,  RR3
Ashton, Ontario, K0A 1B0, Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association of Green
Industry  professionals) and the Canadian Nursery Landscape  Association

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net