Re: [TR] TR3 badge bars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 badge bars
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:45:30 -0500
On Monday 09 November 2009 01:34:51 pm TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
> I do not remotely like the TR3A badge bar and I'm no longer a stickler
> for originality.  I have a post TS60000 3A that I would like to put
> driving lights on
>
> Does anyone know if the badge bar made for the early TR3 bumper fits the
> late TR3A bumper???  If not does anyone know if the early bumper fits a
> late 3A.
>
> Also as I remember the bumper mounts of a TR3A and a big Healey are the
> same space apart.  Has anyone tried to fit a big Healey badge bar to a
> late TR3A?
>
> I need a new bumper and overriders & thought I would look for a solution
> that would allow me to mount my lights low in front of the grille.
>
> Teriann

Teriann,

I made a badge bar from a chrome piece I had laying around.

It is secured with the 2 bolts on the top of the over-riders.

I have 2 Raydyots mounted + the autox badge.

This bar has been on the car for about 30 years.

Photo @ http://www.triumphowners.com/1331

Similar setup on the TR4 but secured a bit different due to the forward opening
of the hood. http://www.triumphowners.com/1330

Bob

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net