Re: [TR] TR3 badge bars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 badge bars
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:42:58 -0500
On Monday 09 November 2009 09:41:14 pm Rich White wrote:
> > It is secured with the 2 bolts on the top of the over-riders.
>
> How did you bolt it on?
>

> I assume you drilled holes in the overriders, but how did you attach the
>  rod?
>
> Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
>
> '63 TR3B TCF587L
>
> That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

Rich,

On my 3, (a 58), the top of the over-riders are secured to the body with a
chrome stay. All I did was get a 1/2 inch longer bolt and bolted both the
home-made bar and the over-rider stay to the over-rider on both sides. The nut
on the top of the over-rider was welded at the factory.

The only drilling I had to do was to the badge bar.

I believe the bolt is a 3/8 24 but I could be wrong.

The 4 was not as easy due to the front opening hood. The badge bar is much
lower and is secured to the bumper using home-made brackets secured using the
license plate holes. What cannot be seen is 2 angle brackets behind the bar
that hook onto the rear of the bumper to offer some stability.

Bob

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net