[TR] car club meetings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] car club meetings
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:33:15 -0800 (PST)
sorry to say i haven't been attending our british car group meetings for the
past two years due to both cars being out of commission.  Our group has been
meeting once a month (first monday of the month) and we hardly describe
ourselves as a "club".  It's much too informal.  We have no officers.  Once a
month a self appointed "organizer" (its been the same person for years)  sends
out an email to all members (aroung 50) announcing where we meet.  Usually a
well known parking lot.  We than caravan to a restuarant, usually 20 to 30
miles away, have something to eat, visit then maybe drive some place else for
ice cream then home.  tech stuff can be discussed informally..........women are
usually always along.  we have a christmas party as well as a leaf tour.  The
leaf tour is usually a day long affair.  Many informal drives are planned on
the spur of the moment.  No one is interested in having a formal club which
meets for planned programs and it seems to
 work for us.  The attitude seems to be driving.  It's also a multi marque club
with mostly  british.

gary n.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net