[Fot] Mid Ohio

Subject: [Fot] Mid Ohio
From: paulricco at att.net (Paul Ricco)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 10:16:32 -0500
SVRA has merged group 3 with group 8 and 5A. We will be out with 911?s that
make over 2 times as much power. Additionally, we paid for the test and tune
day to shake the car out from winter hibernation. They have us going out a 8
after a 7:15 drivers meeting. Not much time, but someone has to go first. What
really sucks, is that we have 2 orientation groups out with us on every other
test session. So if we miss the 8 AM, we are out with the orientation groups
every other time we are on the track. You would think that they could have at
least spread the orientation groups out over all the sessions. That would have
allowed all to share in that fun.

We want to go have a good time and I am going with a good attitude.   However
we paid $700 in entry fees and I feel like the true vintage Sportscars are
being treated like the outcasts at the event.  I started running events at RA
over 30 years ago and it may be the last time we do the Spring event at RA. I
hope to report good news at the end of the event, but I am skeptical.

We will have fun with some of our good friends that meeting us at the event,
one way or another. Just wish the track time was not so jacked-up.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone