Re: [TR] Brake fluid for Triumph

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, Sujit Roy <triumphstag@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake fluid for Triumph
From: TERRY SMITH <terryrs@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 09:40:37 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
When restoring my 3A in 2002, while the body was off the frame I replaced all
the brake lines and hydraulic cylinders.  I learned about Dot 5 silicone based
fluid from the List then and went with it. After 15 years of driving, the same
brake system remains rock solid plus I never blistered paint with the
occasional spill.  Doesn't silicone wear easier on rubber seals?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire, where early snows have sent both bears and Triumphs off to the
Land of Nod

** triumphs@autox.team.net **