[TR] IRS rear shock question

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] IRS rear shock question
From: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 21:01:52 -0400
Hi all,
For the second time in 2 consecutive driving seasons, the passenger side (R/R)
lever arm rear shock absorber mounting bolts have backed off to the point that
the shock bangs against the frame. When noise started the second time I thought
it was coming from a loose exhaust but it turned out to be the lower mounting
bolt again on that right rear shock. The first time it happened, I applied blue
Loctite to the bolt threads but the bolts backed out anyway.
After the first issue I had the shocks rebuilt and the mounting holes on this
second set of shocks seemed OK ( not worn out if round).
Has anyone else run into this and if you have, how did you fix it?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
â??67 TR4A-IRS

Sent from my iPhone