tvr

Griffith 200 front brakes????

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Griffith 200 front brakes????
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:52:33 EDT
Listers,

I still can't believe it, but a Griffith 200 is now sitting in my garage and
it belongs to me!

This summer I went to the Triumph Register Of America meet this summer in the
Pocono Mountains area of Pennsylvania in my Vixen.  A guy came up to me and
told me he had a buddy in New Jersey who owned a car sort of like mine, he
wasn't sure, but he thought it was called a Griffith, and that it might be
for sale.   I told him I might be interested and gave him my number.

A few weeks later he called to tell me he just talked to his friend, the car
was for sale, and gave me the owner's phone #.  I didn't want to seem too
eager, so I decided to wait a couple weeks before calling the guy.

Yeah, right......  Fact is I almost dislocated my finger I was in such a
hurry to make the call.   I ended up buying a pretty decent car that has been
sitting a while and was not running.

I got it running, and things seem good, so now I am focused on getting it
roadworthy.  The front brakes seem really small.  It looks to me that
converting to TR6 calipers and rotors would be an easy thing to do, requiring
only a different caliper mounting plate, the same one found on a Vixen.  Has
anyone done this or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA