Re[2]: VARA event

To: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes), vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re[2]: VARA event
From: "Annis, Casey" <cannis@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 95 10:33:24 pst
     As secretary, board member, and an active VARA participant, I have to
     take great exception to Mr. Hayes unifnformed comments on the nature
     of VARA races. While we at VARA do believe in actually RACING our
     cars, we also provide some of the cleanest vintage racing in the
     country. We are extremely strict when it comes to issues of
     overdriving and car contact and will send home/suspend ANYONE driving
     beyond their limits.You will find if you attend a VARA event that it
     is rare that contact occurs.
     I am profoundly troubled by the fact that Mr. Hayes would contribute
     nothing but deragatory comments about VARA, when according to my
     records he has not run an event with us (at least not in the last
     three years). No mention was made of the 200+ car fields present at
     nearly every event. No mention was made of the 13-14 race calendar
     that we provide the west coast vintage racing community every year. No
     mention is made of the incredible diversity of cars present at our
     events (everything from Hmods to porsche 917-10's). In short, I would
     hope that anyone thinking about attending or participating in a VARA
     sanctioned event would come out and make a determination for
     themselves. I think you'll find, as we have, that VARA provides some
     of the safest, most enjoyable vintage racing anywhere in the country.

     Regards,

     Casey Annis
     Club Secretary
     Vintage Auto Racing Association

     P.S. The Phoenix event is open to any interested spectators. The
     weekend is featuring a Formula Atlantic reunion and a USRRC round.
     Admission for the weekend is $10 at the gate.