Re: dual master brake cylinders

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, Dave Page <page@ra.isisnet.com>
Subject: Re: dual master brake cylinders
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 09:33:52 pst
     Hello Dave:

     I also race two  TR4A's one IRS and one solid axel.  Your problem is
     not unique and is not completely fixable.  The problem is that in hard
     cornering the rotor flex pushes the front caliper pistons back into
     the caliper a bit. To fix this problem you can get the residual
     pressure valve.  TR3's have these almost routinely you can try
     local club's.  CNC is a company located in San Diego that makes
     lot's of brake products including the residual pressure valve.
     Unfortunately, I'm not sure what pressure is necessary to hold the
     caliper pistons in position.  I would try the lowest pressure (4lbs)
     first.

     I bought a dual swing mount pedal assembly from them for my car and
     with some engineering made a pretty cute and trick set-up.
       Good luck

     keep me informed-

     Mordy Dunst