Re: dual master brake cylinders

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, Dave Page <page@ra.isisnet.com>
Subject: Re: dual master brake cylinders
From: Emanteno@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:53:14 -0500
e,
This is a common problem among my friends and I when we auto x our TR6's.
I've been told that the actual culprit is the front brakes. It goes something
like this. If the front wheel bearings are too loose, the hub/rotor moves
side to side in a hard corner and knocks the brake pads into the calipers.
Your next push on the brake pedal gives you almost nothing, as you are
pushing the pads back where they belong. Then the brakes feel fine on the
very next push, at least until the next hard corner. It wasn't fun when auto
xing, it must be a real treat on a road course. I'm not sure if I have
corrected this as I havn't auto xed my TR6 in a couple of years. I've also
been told that it is also possible to add the residual pressure valve from a
TR4. You should be able to find one in a boneyard. This information came from
Ted Schumacher at a VTR Convention.

I would very interested in any info you receive on dual master cylinders as I
am preparing a solid axle $a to vintage race in the midwest.
Did you know that Triumph will be the featured Marque at Road America in Sept
(20-22) for the VSCDA Elkhart Lake Fall Festival?
Good Luck.
Irv Korey