Re: Death of D. Dellinger

To: OLD67@aol.com
Subject: Re: Death of D. Dellinger
From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 12:57:06 -0500
OLD67@aol.com wrote:

> I was notified that Dewey Dellinger died on November 24th. I have not been
> informed regarding memorial services.
>
> Dewey was the former Editor and Publisher of Victory Lane magazine, and he
> guided the magazine as the sport grew across the North American continent.
>
> Few realize that he was the moderator at the first VMC gathering (before it
> was a Council), and was elected it's first President. With his unique
> abilities, Dewey was able to combine the diverse interests that comprised the
> Vintage Motorsports Council into a cohesive organization that enchances the
> continued growth and health of the sport of vintage racing.
>
> Ely M. Fishkin
> VMC Secretary

Yes, I just heard yesterday about poor Dewey. He was such a nice person;
very caring and considerate. He gave me my start at Victory Lane, for
which I will be eternally grateful. He really made vintage racing into
what it is today, and enjoyed every minute of it, until he became ill.
It's just a tragedy, and so unfair.

There should be a memorial race or trophy for him established at one of
the venues he loved.