Re: manners and lack there of

To: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: manners and lack there of
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 22:08:44 -500
On  2 Nov 97 at 16:39, Jeremy Braithwaite wrote:

> The sad thing is that so far we haven't had a single response on the
> technical capability of providing a filter to all internet mailing lists.
> In theory this could be built into the list software or the email software
> and address either the originator or the message content - especially if
> the list agreed some convention for thesubject matter such as Sports, FA,
> FV, FF etc.

Can't remember exactly what filters you were looking for, but some are best
left alone- they end up either not being used by senders, or take too much time
to administer. There are possibilities- one of the more effective is the
existance of seperate lists when needed- this list is pretty reasonable at the
current traffic level.

There are however, some filters on team-dot-net lists. Any messages greater
than 10K characters, graphics attachments, or copies of the digest (for
digested lists) are filtered out, as are some spam specific addresses.
(Don't ask me for more details- I run the webs, not the lists.

 Roger Garnett  (rwg@autox.team.net)
 Team.net Webmaster  http://www.team.net/