Re: QUOTE OF THE DAY

To: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: QUOTE OF THE DAY
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:57:49 -0500
Kevin

<<Ah, for once a posting on this list in which I have expertise.  Hate to=

burst the bubble for you landlubbers but actual surfing requires an
enormous, and rather hard to acquire set of skills. >>

Really agree with you.

The competition to get on a wave is exactly the same as the start of a ra=
ce
=2E... everybody rubs rails just like they rub wheels .... and the drop o=
nto
a B-I-G wave is much better than coming down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca=
!

For me, the racing wins because you can be more competitive at 50 and the=
re
are many more opportunities to beat the other guy - race craft, car prep
and set up, practice, rules interpretation and when all else fails ... mi=
nd
games!

regards

Jeremy
Age & Treachery Racing Australia

PS
Sydney has 26 surfing beaches plus 3 race circuits with a further 2
circuits within a 2 hour drive.  A Californian climate - this is what
heaven is all about.