Re: QUOTE OF THE DAY

To: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: QUOTE OF THE DAY
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:11:44 -0500
Kevin

<<Thanks for the comment, you're a real sport!  I'm 37 and the shoulder i=
starting to get a bit creaky for those early morning go outs.  I haven't
actually gotten into vintage racing as of yet, but I am building myself a=

TR4 in my spare time, and I hope to give it a go once I hit the big 4-Oh.=

In the mean time, I love the vintage race mail, and I can go on dreaming
at least.  BTW, in two weeks its off to Puerto Rico, for a week of surfin=
with "me mates,"  and Tom Carroll is my surfing hero! >>

At 37 you're still a spring chicken!  =

I'm 50 next year and my lap times are still improving  ... but age does
catch up a bit and aI don't go out on real big days.   I also ride a wave=

ski which gives me an "age and treachery" type of advantage in the line u=
as we can get on a wave before the kids who tend to sit further inside. =

Only disadvantage is that being belted onto your ski the wipeouts are
worse!  What the heck .... its still great fun.

Nat Young is my hero.  He was king in the 60's and he's still a regular a=
Palm Beach on his long board.

Good luck with the TR4.  You will find that your motorsport addiction
increases with age!

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia