Bugeye's & their tires

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bugeye's & their tires
From: mactds@idirect.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:49:15 -0500
Hi Folks,

Being an/owner entrant of a Bugeye, I feel my 2-cents are worth something...

We ran Dunlops for 2 races and had to throw them out. We ran Hoosiers for 9
races and they still had a few more heat cycles left, yet we replaced them
for security sake. The Dunlops were a stickier tire than the Hoosier. We
have the lap times to prove it.

Consider the costs of racing and relate that to the Bugeye.Throughout its
existance racing a Bugeye has been an entry level car. Why should we pant &
puff over tires when there is little performance improvement? I would much
rather see more Bugeyes out there racing on Hoosiers than back at home in
the garage because someone didn't have the tire budget.

Now in regards to the rest of the "GCR" - yes, I do feel we need to self
police the guys who are out there running a current SCCA National car. We
take the time, care & consideration of keeping our cars period authentic
and they should too.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,

Maura