Re: Wanted: Basket Case Sports Racer

To: CLCSF@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Wanted: Basket Case Sports Racer
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:19:17 -0500 (EST)
        Basket-case, vintage eligible sports-racer that your friend want to race
next year?  My first suggestion is that he start about 3 years ago.
        Any restoration of this kind of vehicle is going to take a good bit
longer
than your friend has allotted.  It also can not be done at "bargain" rates.
 I am familiar with the the restorations of several small-bore sports racers
and these projects have taken years of work and tens of thousands of dollars
to complete.
        Your friend needs to talk to someone who has been there and done that
to get
some real insight into what he may be in for.

        Doug Meis
        Team Escargot