Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA

To: mra@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Bugeye Sprites w/ 1275cc at SVRA
From: Wrtr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:34:11 -0500 (EST)
Hi Mike;

Of course no offense was taken. I have been following the discussion and sort
of wanted to let the silent majority among us know that you can have a grand
time running an old car without being too caught up in lap times and
finishing positions. Off and on I have been doing this for 16 years and,
after a time in the beginning trying too hard to modify my cars to make them
go fast, I have learned to do a bunch of research, find out what the car
would have been like in the years it was built, and prepare it that way. It
means drum brakes and skinny street tires and lever shocks and it means I run
around the track in the back half of the grid, frustrated sometimes at the
guys who park in the corners after rocketing by me on the straights. But at
the end of the day, I've always had fun and that's really why we do this.

Kevin Clemens
1952 MG TD
1927 Chrysler Model 70 (A new project for VSCDA Group One!!!)