Re: Data Logging

To: Bob Williams <ibexbob@ptdprolog.net>
Subject: Re: Data Logging
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:38:23 -0400
Bob Williams wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Derek Harling wrote:
>
> > Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 21:26:14 -0400
> > From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
> > To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
> > Subject: Data Logging
> >
> > What feedback/advice have listers got to share on simple data logging?
> >
> > What are the more interesting data to play with?
> >
> > Before anyone complains that such electronic modernity is not "vintage"
> > let me just ask how many still use clockwork stop watches
> >
> > Thx Derek
> >
> IBEX Bob does!  Owner of several jeweled movement Stop watches you could
> set the electronic ones with to check their accurate time keeping.

Hi Bob
I was actually talking about normal people.
But since three people have replied claiming to use "jewelled movement"
(much nicer than my phrase "clockwork") stop watches and NOT ONE has
replied with any info about data logging - maybe you are the normal one
and I'm the odd one.
So let me try again -
1 - how many use "jewelled movement" stop watches?
2 - how many use electronic stop watches?
3 - does anyone use data logging for such things as
    rpm, wheel speed, lateral G, longitudinal G,
    throttle position, oil press, temps etc etc
    [just for fun of course].
Derek