Re: Data Logging

To: dlaver@ms.com, derek.lola@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Data Logging
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:40:31 EDT
This string reminded me of a photo from Autosport 1954.  Colin Chapman of
Lotus is working on the aerodynamics of his new sportsracer, the Mark VIII.
To test their theories, they strapped Frank Costin (later to found Cosworth
with his partner Keith Duckworth) to the bonnet of the car and drove up and
down an airport runway at 100 MPH while Costin observed the airflow over
cotton tuffs he had glued to strategic spots on the Mark VIII body.

Data logging -- we've come a long way baby.