Sports Racer rules

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sports Racer rules
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:13:34 -0400
I have a 1964/65 Merlyn Mk6A sports racer, and I'm wondering what rules or
series it would have run under in it's period.  It has an 1865cc engine, so
it would likely have fallen into a 2 litre class based on engine size.

Any ideas?  I'm interested in finding out about both FIA/European rules, and
the equivalent SCCA rules for the period.  I'm curious about things like
wheel and tire size restrictions, weights, etc., and also about little known
things like spare tires, luggage capacity, and so on.

Cheers, Brian