Re: DB limits

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DB limits
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:16:50 PDT
[from vintage-race-owner@autox.team.]
>the muffler.  At the track I remove the Super Trap and replace it with a
>length of 2" exhaust tubing and clamp it place.  Best of both worlds.  Without
>the muffler and a straight through exhaust system I'm running about 97 db.

97 db....that's probably what our car would do *with* mufflers...;-)

At Portland, they normally have sound limits, I think the top
limit is 103(?)  Since they invited the Trans Am cars up, they
had to get a variance from the state, since none of the cars (well,
one did) have any sort of muffler.  They gave us a 115 dB limit, and
a couple of cars still got black flagged.  When the pack went past the
sound meter, it supposedly hit 120 db......that's *loud*...

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.            + reserved for Saleen SSC #48