Re: Question 1 of ??

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Question 1 of ??
From: "Nick Nicholson" <nicknich@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 21:53:52 -0800
Don,

Hope your answer was "tongue-in-cheek" about VARA accepting a Spridget with
these modifications, because we would not. I think that if you'd ask Scott
Renner (currently eligibility and technical chairman) you'd find that we've
always maintained the position that cars should be prepared to represent
the time they were raced. I know that in some groups this is more readily
controlled than in others, but this is a "gentleperson's (PC) sport" is it
not and we have to rely on the honesty and integrity of the owners and
drivers or we'd become mired in our scrutineering and never get on the race
track.

If you have some specific gripe you'd like to discuss with me, I'm always
open to your suggestions as you know.

Nick Nicholson
VARA Board Member

> From: CLCSF@aol.com
> To: LRuggi2635@aol.com; vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: Question 1 of ??
> Date: Sunday, January 03, 1999 4:43 PM
>
> In a message dated 01/03/1999 3:59:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> LRuggi2635@aol.com writes:
>
> << Greetings from a new lister and car builder.  This is for all you
Spridget