Re: question on Mallock Clubmans

To: G_Ivory@beutel-can.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: question on Mallock Clubmans
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:45:38 EST
Gavin,
I am on my second Mallock Mk.11b and have found them to be really great cars
for club vintage racing. They have great handling (better than a vintage FF)
and are simple to work on. I am 6'2" and fit just fine except that the footbox
is pretty tight (I wear a size 11 shoe). The reason for differences in price
is probably due to more expensive parts. Mallocks were sold without engines,
so a variety of mills have been used. Most have 1600cc Ford crossflows with
dual Webers, etc, but some have 1300cc Fords, Lotus twincams or even Cosworth
BDA/FVC series motors. Be sure to check with your local racing group to see
where you will be classified. Here in Texas we class them with Lotus 23's,
etc. and that seems pretty good. SVRA will put you in with Chevron B19s (not
good) unless you have a 1300, which is a better deal. For more info, contact
John Streets in California (fax 415/858-2302) and order a copy of The Lone
Furrow, which is the story of Mallock. Pretty amazing cars...with a live rear
axle and front engine, I have to brake to keep from running over FFs in
corners. PS: My car may be for sale soon so let me know if you are interested.
It is a 1300cc Mk11b (1972 model) with all the good stuff, including most of
what is needed to convert to 1700cc.
Harold Pace
972-251-1460