Re: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #208 Roler rockers...

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net, pkrause@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #208 Roler rockers...
From: PaceCars@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:55:46 EST
Jack,
Although I sympathize with your problem (believe me), I can't agree that just
because something is difficult to enforce, it should be OK. I would think that
random checking of valve gear would be non-invasive and quick. The trick, I
would think, would be sufficient punishment (dropped from championship,
movement to exhibition group)  to reward the legal and punish the illegal.
What has been done in the past when cheaters were caught? I think it is
important that ALL VMC clubs come to an agreement on this and other issues.
Harold Pace
CVAR Regulations Committee