Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #208 Roler rockers...

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: vintage-race-digest V1 #208 Roler rockers...
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:06:02 +0000
> the
> roller rocker issue in unenforceable in the context of vintage racing as we
> know it.

Jack,

>From the other side of the Atlantic and knowing nothing about your series it
sounds as easy as pie.  As most things do from a distance.

Every now and then pull in a car or two as they come in from a race and lift the
rocker cover.  If anyone has been bad a maximum fine and throw them out the club
for five years.  If the penalty is severe then the checks can be infrequent.

Maybe you can have a voluntary subscription, and each pay a fraction of the cost
of cheater parts to police catching the others?  Better to pay to have people
remove stuff than to install it yourself.

The trouble is that not having modifications can be more expensive.  I've heard
it
said that not having head modifications drives people to flow test a huge number
of heads to find a good one which is more expensive than the modifications...

David