Re: Interior paint

To: derek.lola@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Interior paint
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:37:34 EST
In a message dated 1/23/99 1:29:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
derek.lola@sympatico.ca writes:

<< Any particular reason why you use acrylic enamel rather than a lacquer?
 I thought lacquer was better at showing up cracks - since it is less
 flexible than enamels? >>

No. I am just used to it. Lacquer would be fine except that it needs to be
buffed to get a high gloss and that would be difficult in most frame and
interior situations. I would also think that it would be very susceptible to
fluid damage. Both of these finishes are easy to remove and repair.

I think that any durable paint would suffice. Doesn't even need to be gray. I
have seen some very attractive color schemes using a light pea green. Most
aircraft use a flat zinc chromate paint. It offers excellent corrosion
resistance and still exposes flaws well.

Black is the worst and white looks awful the minute you finish spraying
it.     Dale Earnhardt uses orange.

jw