RE: Diff Differences...

To: "Paul Fitzsimmons" <fitzsmns@mwci.net>
Subject: RE: Diff Differences...
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 07:31:35 -0600
Fitz,

Let's not celebrate prematurely on this one. As usual, I'm resurrecting old
junk (read: free).

 Gary AKA "Black Bart" Speckman had a set of the earliest style of the super
duty axles... the ones where the end caps were pinned to the axles, and they
leak right out the cap through the splines. My choices seem to be to
fabricate a small end cap that would attach by a center screw in to the axle
with an o ring around the perimeter and the screw to keep things oil free.
Another choice (please tell me why I shouldn't do this???) is to have the
end cap solid welded to the axles.

WST
Flounder
Team Thicko