Monterey Incidents

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Monterey Incidents
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:22:29 EDT
Well,

You all must know me well enough by now to know that I can't let this
opportunity pass to voice my 2 cents on the subject.

First, I must confess I wasn't there, and didn't see the video.  But, if the
reports are anywhere close to accurate, it sounds like Sterling put himself
in the middle of a bad situation yet again.  If he was allowed to participate
again after his on-track behavior last year, then it serves them (Steve and
HMSA) right for not adhering to good and fair vintage racing policy (13/13,
or some other appropriate reprimands).   Personally, I seriously question his
participation again this year.  This is one of my pet peeves against that
whole organization...the unfairness and inequity with which all decisions
seem to be made, and why I go nowhere near the place.  BTW, does anyone know
if Steve himself was racing after his contact incident in Seattle this past
July?  Or did he adhere to his own rules and exclude himself?  But then, its
his party and he can do whatever the hell he wants....which again is why I
stay away.

Racing incidents may "happen", but vintage racing incidents attributable to
driver behavior shouldn't....that's the point.  When it does, it hurts the
sport for all of us.

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (not in Monterey) Cortina Mk1 #128