Re: Monterey Incidents

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re: Monterey Incidents
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:17:49 -0700
I hear you, Myles. While I can imagine that writing a strongly worded
letter to Mr. Earle might do nothing more than get my name added to his
list of trouble makers, writing to the new president of HMSA might not.
One of his stated goals is to make HMSA more like a car club that is
responsive to its members. One of the things I would consider asking
HMSA to do is be a little more predictable about enforcing the 13/13.
At some point, the needs of the membership to have a safe event have
to outweigh the needs of Steve Earle to cater to his circle of buddies
and to make money attracting more spectators. I think issues of driver
conduct should be handled by HMSA, even at the "Steve Earle" events. I
also note that your favorite club and mine, CSRG, is now publishing
probation/suspension decisions in the club newsletter. Perhaps if HMSA
did this...

MHKitchen@aol.com wrote:

> Well,
>
> You all must know me well enough by now to know that I can't let this
> opportunity pass to voice my 2 cents on the subject.

Thankfully, there are some things constant in all the universe. ;=)