Re: crack-up at the historics

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:10:57 PDT
[from vintage-race-owner@autox.team.]

><<Actually, it was Stirling Moss in the 1959 Le Mans winning Aston Martin.
>We should all be ashamed of deriding the wrong auto racing icon.>>
>
>    What, do you mean to say that Moss has banged up another car in a vintage
>event?  Wasn't it just a year ago that Moss re-arranged some sheetmetal on
>someone's Shelby Mustang at a vintage event (was it the Historics?).

Yes, it was Stirling 2 years ago at Monterey...it was also a similar
move in the same corner...I see a pattern...

>    I am going to be very choosy about which racing legends I allow any seat
>time in MY car.  (not that I expect to be forced to make such elections any

Someone in our group was asked if he would allow George Follmer to
drive his Boss 302.....the answer was "no, I bought the car so *I*
could drive it".....  (Especially with Parnelli in the other Boss!)

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
Email: walt@hpwrcxe.mayfield.hp.com     <space>    | 86 Mustang GT
FOR SALE: 68 Corvette Roadster.