Re: crack-up at the historics

To: James Wiseman - JDW Media <james@jdwmedia.com>
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:57:53 -0500
James, I tend to admire the English version of vintage racing(I'm an unabashed
anglophile inb many things).  These are after all race cars.  their charm is in
seeing them used as intended.  That does not excuse stupidity(No, I'm not saying
that Moss did something improper.  I did not see it).  we tend to have
participants here that never raced and who don't bother to acquire the needed
skills, hence the parade mentality.  I, however, don't admire the crash and burn
style, because my experience, limited but greater than most, leads me to believe
that if the proper skill is applied, it is seldom necessary to make contact.
John