Re: crack-up at the historics

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: larry gallo <agallo@pcfl.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:02:04 -0400
Gentlemen, it was NOT Phil Hill but SMOSS who used Tim Samway's DBR1
to Earnhart Vic Edelbrock's Lister (not seriously from what I could see) and
what could perhaps have been Terry  Larson's D Jag (if it actually started -- I
hadn't seen it in the Paddock.)

Phil on Saturday told me (rather ruefully), that he had NO OTHER RIDE
Sat or Sun. beyond the 1923 Stutz after it coasted to the fence under my nose
@ the Dunlop bridge on the first lap of an earlier race.  Upon hearing that, I
remembered I had a sample chocolate Balance Bar from the midway which
I pushed thru the chainlink fence as an offering in the proper Mille Miglia
fashion, and which he evidently appreciated (needing something to bite down
upon!)

The Moss information I gleaned from a fellow at the airport later, since I was
spectating from the downhill turns totally opposite the pit straight.  "Tarnish"
had the same lack of consideration for a pair of GT350s two years ago, &
Earle barred him from driving the Daytona Cobra the next day.  It might
be why he was not in evidence last year, and I rather suspect next year as
well...