Tow vehicle

To: "Vintage Racing List" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tow vehicle
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:27:51 -0400
Hi All,

Quick tow vehicle question and then a trailer question to the list. You can
reply to me directly so as not to clog the list if you like.

Tow Vehicle
I followed the consensus of opinion (thanks to all for making suggestions
and including background info and experiences) and picked up an '89 Ford
Lariat F-150 V8 in really excellent shape. However, the temp gauge reads
real low and the gas gauge reads real high. Temp sender checks out ok and
both fuel tanks peg the gauge when full.

Any ideas? In my sports car, when this happens I go to the gauge voltage
regulator and clean contacts. Is there something like that in the truck? The
Chilton's manual is next to useless for this one. Actually, I take that
back - it is useless in this case.

Trailer
I have a single axle trailer with a tilt bed. Works really nice and pulls
like a dream. Rock solid around town and highway. Would like to add electric
brakes to it. The truck already has an electric brake control unit
installed. Can this be done or am I looking for pie in the sky again? I
haven't checked with any trailer places yet but have not been able to find
any info on adding after market brakes for trailers in my catalogs or on the
net. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom P

67 Datsun 2000 - All I have to do is rebuild the engine and do some other
stuff!