Re: Tow vehicle

To: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle
From: DGreimel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 06:44:18 EST
Well said.  I too have done a lot of towing  with a similiar truck and share
your opinions.  I was surprised, however, at your suggestion that the trailer
be slightly nose high.  I have always heard that would lift the rear of the
towing vehicle under braking, assuming that the trailer is not doing most of
the stoping..
I have used the fancy Reese cam arrangement and did not particularly like it.
 It probably adds stability but is reluctant to turn and very prone to loud
creaking, squeaking and popping noises so I sold it with the trailer.
Have you tried the hitch that pivots just behind the rear axle and swings
side to side?  A friend has one and swears by it.  Haven`t tried it myself.
Cheers.
Don