Re: Tow vehicle

To: "Eric Swanger" <ericsmgs@prodigy.net>, <S800Racer@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Tow vehicle
From: "Jeremy Braithwaite" <atroz@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:55:59 +1000
Eric et al

Haven't really been following this thread so may be repeating ... the real
problem with dual axle is that they are invariably mounted very close
together and unless they are 100% parallel the tyres work against each other
... ie one is steering one way and the other the other way.  That's why they
overhead and that's why they blow - even if you use light truck tyres.

I've also lost a tyre on a single axle trailer.  Happenned about 70mph .
...absolutely no drama in fact we weren't 100% sure we'd had a blow out
until we stopped.

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia