Re: Why build when you can buy an old race car

To: MalcolmCox <malcox@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: Why build when you can buy an old race car
From: Richard Hardison <cobra@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 09:51:24 -0500
Malcolm,

I think we agree on this issue.  Having gotten into vintage racing only
five years ago myself, I am certainly not the ultimate authority.  I
have purchased two "race ready" cars and without being the least bit
surprised spent a lot of time and money on both of them getting them up
to my standards (which may be peculiar).  You probably never get the car
quite the way you want it following this "old rule", but you may get on
the track faster.

Early this year we bought a 1959 TR3 which was raced in the early
1960's, but was a true basket case when we found it.  We hope to build a
vintage race car the way we really want it this time, but the project is
a long way from finished.  Time will tell!

Thanks once again for the Monterey Historics tape you sent me last year.

Richard