Re: Incident at Pre Historics

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Incident at Pre Historics
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 21:17:03 -0700
> There are rumors afloat that there were a couple of serious
accidents at the
> Pre Historics...Anyone know anything about this?

2 drivers finished up in hospital, from 2 separate incidents on
Saturday
A 3 car incident under the bridge, resulted in one driver being cut
out of his single seat car, perhaps Cooper, perhaps Formula B, perhaps
Formula Junior.
Rumored to be caused by at least one driver running low on
vintage-spirit.
Shunt caused leg injury and neck injury.

In a later incident on Saturday
Carl Moore had to be cut out of his F1 car, broke things in lower legs
and/or feet.
Story is that the front of his air intake tower came adrift, rolled
back onto the wing and was at least partially responsible for the
shunt.. As far as I could tell, no other cars were involved.
Another oddity was that the incident was reported to have occurred in
the back stretch where the it was not visible from any corner worker
station, which seemed odd.  Perhaps the corkscrew workers were not
looking up-track, only down the hill.
Steve Earl and another F1 driver spent a lot of time at the incident
site.
By the way Carl is a long time CSRG member, having served as
president.  He is also a hilarious speaker.
Thats all I kinda know.
Malcolm