Re: Donhue's tow car

To: brian@uunet.ca, S800Racer@aol.com, Rogsie@telesistech.com,
Subject: Re: Donhue's tow car
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:41:20 EST
In a message dated 12/7/00 9:23:56 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
brian@uunet.ca writes:

Speaking of tow cars:  in 1977 when I lived in Connecticut I worked with an
ex-racer/publicist named Dick Bauer and bought a car from him, a 1964 (?)
Ford Fairlane station wagon.  This car had a blueprinted Cleveland engine,
Volvo lumbar seats, Minilite wheels, air shocks, and had been dechromed and
painted black.  Dick believed it had been Mark's tow car.  I later sold the
car to a colleague of mine at Pirelli and lost track of it when I moved back
to the Midwest

I have always been curious about the provenance of the car and wonder if
anyone can confirm the Donahue story, or identify tow cars that he did use.
(It was a GREAT car and would really haul.)

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative Communications Services
765-886-5098