Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness

To: S800Racer@aol.com, Rogsie@telesistech.com, derek.lola@home.com,
Subject: Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:21:59 -0500
Back when I was a young struggling vintage racer, I used a 20 year old 1970
Mercedes as a tow vehicle.  One race, I had everything loaded to go when I
noticed that the front trunnion on one side had about an inch of play in it
- a king pin bushing had broken up.  Found it at 4:00 pm, and had swapped
out the entire corner and was on the road at 6:00 pm.  Lucky I had a spare
car (that time included wacking the spare corner off the spare car , where
it was gainfully employed holding up the spare front end...

Brian

At 09:21 PM 12/6/00 -0500, S800Racer@aol.com wrote:
>     I was having a good chuckle and laughing along with everyone else about
>Renault Dauphine tow vehicles -- until my 1999 Honda Odyssey minivan refused
>to start tonight.  So instead of heading off first thing in the morning to
>the track (Savannah) with the race car in tow, the tow vehicle will head to
>the dealer "on the hook".
>
>     Doug Meis

Brian Evans
Director, Strategic Accounts