Re: Bearing bolts

To: Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com, morgans@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Bearing bolts
From: Billd13@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:11:40 EST
For all of the Ford small block and big block engines I have assembled, I use
new bolts with lightly oiled threads on the rods and mains. No Locktite. I
use Locktite 242 on the bolts holding the flywheel to the crank and also on
the bolts holding the clutch to the flywheel. No locks or safety wire on any
of them.  The early 260's and some 289's used exhaust manifold locks and they
were forever loosening up. It is a real pain to use them on a concours
correct engine since you know the guy will complain about exhaust leaks even
after you tell him they are going to happen.

Bill