Re: Tires

To: "Brett Johnson" <356drb@indy.net>, <PaceCars@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Donald Queen" <donqueen@Inreach.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:27:44 -0800
I agree that the Hoosier Vintage TD is the ideal tire, but Jack wanted
street legal and this they aint !

I've run both the Hoosier Vintage TD 5:00 x 15 and the 5:50 x 15 on my 56
Alfa Spider, and I get the same lap times .

Either I'm not pushing the 5:50 hard enough in the turns or the extra
friction and size is slowing me in the straight bits. I'm not convinced that
the extra expense for the 5:50 is worth it. Have you noticed better lap
times?

Don Queen