Re: Tires

To: "Donald Queen" <donqueen@Inreach.com>, "Brett Johnson"
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:24:12 -0500
I have been running the 5.50 Hoosier for four years and experimented with
all sorts of tire pressures and whatever suspension adjustements a Morgan
has.

I have never been able to get any temperature into the tires and always
suspected that they were just too big or too hard for a car like a Morgan
with minimal mechanical grip. They NEVER wear out except on a concrete
airport circuit or at Savanah.

I used to run the 5.00 - 15 Goodyear and got them good and hot. The price
and availability is the only reason I switched. Lap times were not any
different. The Hoosier in the wet is scary! (on my car)

SuperDave
'64 Morgan 4/4