Re: Operating Budget

To: "Myles Winbigler" <mwinbigler@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Operating Budget
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:09:30 -0500
My wife Catherine is wonderfully supportive of my racing.  She pays all of
the bills (I earn the money, she's the "controller")for all of my racing
expenses - she wrote a cheque for my new race motor just last week.  In 12
years of racing I can count the number of on-track sessions that she has
not been present at the track for on the fingers of one hand.  If she asked
me to stop, and meant it, I'd stop.  But she hasn't, so far...:)

Cheers, Brian

At 11:36 AM 2/27/01 -0500, Myles Winbigler wrote:
>There's another option to discussing the budget: put her in the seat, that's
>the mistake I made.
>
>When I started back into this ridiculous hobby in 1994 after a 22 year
>layoff, I slyly thought I could ease the "concerns" about money by sending
>Madam to driving school and letting her run a race or two after which she'd
>say, "Well, that was fun, but it's not my thing; so go ahead and do your
>thing".  This plan went awry when I couldn't pry her out of the seat of the
>chassis I'd raced previously from 1962 to 72.
>
>So, I bought her a Vee and she's happy as a clam.  Unfortunately I do have
>admit that she's only DNF'd once in 5 years (loose flywheel), while I have a
>stellar record or breaking engines, transmissions and rear ends.  So most of
>the expense is mine.
>
>We don't have the discussions because she's as involved as I am (except for
>the wrenching part).
>
>Another Myles
>Mad Mollusk Racing

Brian Evans